Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My friends, When I'm down you lift me up again


Hey there and welcome to another miserable Tuesday. Almost said Monday. Having yesterday off has totally messed me up for the week. Just sitting here thinking about friends. On my way out of work today i ran into my friend Trudy. I hadn't seen her since the wonderful new seating arrangements started last week. She's miserable now to. We sat together for about 3 years with our other friend Deb. We're all in different sections now. As horrible as the calls got we always joked around in between calls and it almost made the customers bearable. Deb even said that becaus we werent all together anymore she got bored and dozed off on a call. I miss joking around with friends at work. That was one of the last few things getting me through the day. Now I'm in the wasteland with people who yell and keep dirty desks. I miss my work friends.


While sitting at the computer desk i'm reminded of another friend from work who i havent seen in awhile. My friend Stacey. The reason she came to mind is i'm looking at a toy she gave to Diana. Its a baby version of Robin "of Batman and "fame. It was really sweet of her to give it to Diana. Especially as she told me she had it in her possession since she was a teenager. Diana loves it. Its pretty cute-see above for the pic, As a matter of fact i'm going to give a quick shout out to Stacey. I was just recently thinking about the first conversation we ever had. It was on a Saturday we ended up sitting next to each other. We started talking about bands and concerts and i remember having a Bruce Springsteen conversation. Now what i've never told her is that i went home and told Kath that i met a cool co worker but (here's the horrible part) for the life of me I couldnt remember her name. For the next couple of saturdays after that i was thinking "wow i hope the cool Bruce Springsteen girl is around." I went on parental leave for 6 months after Diana was born. On the day i came back she was the first (and possibly only) person that welcomed me back. Anyhow just wanted to thank her for her friendship over the years. Someday we will make it to a Jakob Dylan concert.

Last but not least I'm sitting here missing my best friend. You might know her better as my wife Kath. We had a really awesome day off yesterday. We got an oil change and Kath renewed her liscence. We came home and watched the movie Fanboys. Its a very funny movie about geeks and yes i can relate. She got her hair cut also. I have to admit i was nervous about seeing her with short hair, In the 10 years I've known her its always been long. It looks really cute. Nervousness gone. Man yesterday was awesome. We both started a diet today. So far so good. She will be home in about 2 hours. Can't wait to snuggle on the couch and watch some tv. Then it'll be back to the old grind tomoorow. Yay me.

1 comment:

Nickle said...

Trust me Jay I can relate to the loss of work friend seating, Suzy quit, then I got kicked off of potalivo's team, and now I am not 100% I will even have a job, ugh this sucks.

Word Verifier to cheer me up: Perma

In a sentence: Spending time with Jay, Kath, Diana, and Rob leaves me with a Perma Smile!!