Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hooray! Wolverine didn't Suck!


Just a quick super hero related blog before i hit the hay. Yesterday Kath and Diana attended free comic book day. Kath is the best. I couldnt go due to my committment to getting a headache from rednecks. It was just a beyond horrible day. Just a whole lot of screaming and yelling because of a price increase. At times i felt myself getting really mad. I'm sure i must have sounded like a dick to some of the customers. I guess i shouldnt complain. This week the lights remained on with no golf related Mickey Mouse cartoons. Anyhow Kath was nice enough to wake up early to go to the comic book store where she obtained for me a copy of the coveted Green Lantern blackest night prelude. Also a quick shout out to Bev and Kim and Sheryl. They are the people that run the comic book store and they have been so good to us over the years. They put up with a lot of crap. I thought i was a nerd but i've seen grown ups in there arguing about which Green Lantern is better or people wondering why they can't have 25 comics on free comic book day. They were also nice enough to save Diana a Dc comics kid sampler comic. She loved it. This along with the awesome pot of chilli that kath made actually brightened up my craptacular Saturday.

Today on Sunday we made it out to the first of i hope 4 movies we get to see this summer. We saw Xmen Origins: Wolverine. I am happy to report it did not suck ass. I was a bit worried going in. I had heard nothing but bad things about the film. All i wanted was for it to be a bit better than Xmen 3. It was a lot better than that crap fest. The special effects were awesome. I have to learn to ignore reviews. I'd see another Wolverine prequel. Hugh Jackman is the bomb. Holy crap i just used "is the bomb" in a sentence. It was also cool seeing our friend Mike again. We used to go to movies everyweek. Now we're lucky to hang out a couple of times a year. Oh well. Ok i gotta run. It's probably going to be super busy at week due to the price increase.

No comments: