Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Possum From Hell


So what could be better on my day off then getting rid of vermin in my back yard. So i hear my door bell and its my next door neighbour telling me theres a possum nest in our back yard. On sunday i stretched a wet bar be que cover over a crate in the back yard to dry it off. Well i guess a possum and her babys decided to move in under there. I went to the back yard and first of all saw a dead possum baby. I had my first heart attack there. I guess a cat or something had gotten it. Then my neighbour and i ripped the barbeque cover off and saw the mother. This bigger than a cat creature looked at me an hissed and i just about peed my self. There was a baby holding on to its back. The baby was cute. We shooed it out of here with a broom. Then we trapped it under a crate. The neighbour called the humane society but we were told they couldnt do anything about it so we let it go. On top of all that i realized i pretty much have the yard from Sanford and Son. Theres all kinds of old Diana toys back there we need to get rid of and 3 crates. Also i hate to weed so the weeds are coming in nicely. Yeah i was kind of embarassed having my neighbour back there. Oh well. Oh and when i was out there i also found a dead squirrell. All the fixins of a redneck stew. Yee ha!

Other than that having a fairly descent day. Took Diana to the park to play catch and go down the slide. I feel really tired now, I am getting old. Diana seems to be tired also. She's laying on the couch watching cartoons. I have to go to another stupid maintenance meeting at 7. At least John will be going to this one.


Ok its a few hours later and yes the meeting did in fact suck ass. Our complex clean up is on Sunday morning. That should be fun. At least theres a barbeque afterwards. Took Diana out ion her bike for a few minutes tonight. She`s getting better at the pedals. I got a work out pushing her on the bike. I`m sweatier than Chris Farley on a hot summers day. I think I`ll be taking her to the park tomorrow to try kiting. I have a Darth Vader kite that I`ve never used and Diana likes kites now so we`ll give it a shot. Merlins original owner is coming over for a visit tomorrow nigght. Hope he stops hiding long enough to come see her. I`m happy to not have to work tomorrow and happier to be visiting the comic book store. Green Arrow is out so will have more books to lend Nicole. Speaking of which Nicole will be joining us again for another exciting grocery run on Saturday. Will probably be my last trip to America for awhile. THe new law requiring a passport takes effect June 1st and i dont have a passport yet. I will probably get one after summer. At least Nicole can keep Kath company this summer. Good times. Ok I`ve rambled on long enough. Going to wait for Kath to come home and catch up on some shows. Until next time hope everyone has a possum free day!

No comments: