Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thanks for making a decision for us Diana's principal

Well the other issue i was worried about has actually occurred amd I'm not to happy about it. As a matter of fact I'm furious. So much for not jinxing myself. I guess i can talk about it now. So we got a letter from Diana's school the other day stating that the junior and senior kindergarten classes are both over booked with kids. THe school would be adding an additional class in the afternoon and they were looking for volunteers.. I guess they didnt get enough volunteers. Kath was told today that Diana is now in the afternoon class. This is after we asked for a day class in my and after Kath got her hours changed at her work. The principal didn't seem to care that both parents work and already did what they could to get her into morning jk. Now we're expected to ask both our employees to change our work schedules. Even if i can get mine changed I'm sure it won't be done by next Monday. Kath just got her schedule changed as well and it took all summer to get it approved. Kath told this to the principal today and was told that a descision has been made. She didnt want to get into it in front of the other parents so she let it go. We're both going tomorrow to talk to the guy. If he says no we're going right to the board of education. I don't want to cause trouble but this is ridiculous. You'd think that when the school schedules were made they would have seen the classes were over crowded. If i can even get my schedule changed I'm gonna need to get out no later than 2:30 to go pick up Diana. I'm going to also have to pick up an extra shift and i will be getting less hours than i do now. I may even have to leave my cool new team if my hours don't match the managers enough. So everyone cross your fingers and say a little prayer for the Stewart family. Hopefully the principal will turn out to be reasonable. More to come later.

1 comment:

Rob said...

I could break some knees. I'm just sayin. it might help.