Wednesday, November 4, 2009

its times like thse you learn to live again



I hate to have yet another blog about out of control customers driving me nuts. However 3 days in a row now i have had a complaint filed against me for no reason. A customer called this morning and was willing to go to a supervisor because there was a valid charge for a service call on her bill. Not wanting to go there i said i would waive it without doing any research as a one time courtesy. I advised if something like this were to ever occur again we would need to do the research at least. I asked her if there was anything else i could help her with-she yelled absolutely not in my ear and hung up. Not even a thank you for the credit. Turns out she called back to say i gave her a hard time. Seriously? Giving you a 30 dollar credit you didnt deserve is giving you a hard time? Whatever. So of course now i'm paranoid because of the corrective action plan i was told i may need to go on for yesterdays complaint. At one point after wards the site director came to talk to me. Thinking the worst i immediately got sick to my stomach. She was just wondering if i could change my shift on Saturdays. I gotta relax.


So after that the day gets better until 5:00 when i get 2 of the worst calls i ever took in a row. The first screaming lady wants me to turn her service back on. It was shut off yesterday for non payment but she made a payment. On our end i show the interruption was cancelled and her services should be active. I appologize and let her know its no longer a billing issue. I will need to connect her to our technical department. She had just come from that department and they told her it was a billing issue. Sons of bitches. I try and explain that because she paid the balance nothing is owed. She doesnt let up. Finally it seems like she's going to allow us to connect her to a tech. Now i need to ask her permission to put her on hold. Here's the conversation that followed

Me: May i put you on hold so i can connect you to a tech

whore: what do you think?

Jay: i think i need you to say yes or no

w: Do your job

J: i'll get a tech but may i put you on hold?

W: Do i have a choice?

J:certainly you have a choice. Yes or no?

W: you are inadequate at your job.

J:sorry maam but its not a billing issue. May i connect you to a tech

W: I want someone different and just so you know I'm going to get you fired.

J: maam i don't appreciate you threatening my lively hood,

W: You threatened me first

SO at this point i'm puzzled. I don't recall threatening her and i challenge anybody to listen to the call and see where i threatened her. Sure i want her to get hit by a bus but i don't say that out loud. I don't know what she has against saying the word yes either. Long story short i finally connected her over where she spoke with 4 different techs. No notes as to my future firing.

If this werent enough i get another annoying,crazy old lady on the phone. She spends 10 minutes complaining that she had a hard time getting through to talk to somebody. She wants to know what every other customer in the last hour wanted. I tell her various reasons which she doesnt seem to buy. Finally i'm able to look at her balance and shes safe from an interruption for at least another 2 weeks. She wants to make a partial payment. I let her know as a one time courtesy and that we can't waive that fee on an ongoing basis. Her reply? Get me someone else--you're polite but not friendly--whatever the hell that means. Oh and apparently i'm robotic. Oh and i need to turn her service back on because she needs it to live. Why is she hooked up to it? Give me a fucking break. Its only tv for crying out loud.


So i'm home now and no work for the next 2 days. By the way blogging while cranking the foo fighters is an awesome way to relieve stress. I'm feeling better already.

No comments: