Monday, November 16, 2009

Mom's service


Yesterday turned out to be a lot nicer than i thought it was gonna be. I really wasnt looking forward to crossing the border for my mother in laws funeral. I don't have my passport yet and i really wasnt looking forward to being held up at customs. I just had a bad feeling we were gonna run into a prick border guard on a power trip. I'm happy to report we did not. The guy was so nice. Didnt have to get out of the car or anything. Of course now i have my warning so i won't be attempting crossing over again until i get the passport. We get our holiday pay in January so possibly then.

The service for Kath's mom was nice. Everybody had a lot of nice stories about her. I only cried once and thats becasue i saw my niece crying. I know mom is in a better place now and free of pain. The reception afterward was nice. I finally met some of Kath's uncles. One of her uncles was in a movie with John Mellencamp. I've been calling him uncle Mellencamp all these years. I also got to see some of Kath's friends again-Hollie, Rose and Ulana. Kath's friends are all massively cool. I met Ulana for the first time at our wedding. She is so nice. Yesterday she gave me a big hug and thanked me for taking care of Kath. Little does she know Kath is the one that takes care of me. Man i ate nothing but food that is bad for me all weekend. Nothing but cookies and brownies and cake. Funny enough my weight wasnt to bad today. My stomach feels rotten after all that food though. Needless to say I'm back on the diet today.

In a pretty good mood. I booked the week off from work. I'm pretty relaxed right now. I'm just working on stuff for our next show. Last nights show went over well. We taped it in advance. My sister got to hear it for the first time and she seemed to like it. Anyhow I'm gonna go wash the spagetti beard off of Diana. Talk to you all soon.

Jay

No comments: