Monday, November 2, 2009

Jay's depressing day from hell


The following takes place between the hours of 8:am and 6:30 pm on the first Monday after halloween. I felt a bit like Jack Bauer today. No i didnt shoot any terrorists. I just had what feels like the longest day of my life. It was wall to wall calls from assholes today-right from call one. Come with me as i revisit that first call that immediately put me in a bad mood. The caller was calling in to see if she was past due and if she could pay on the 14th of November. COme join me on my redneck journey

Jay: There's no past due. Technically though the current balance was due oct 28th. Your new bill goes out in 2 days. You can call after that bill is issued to see if there is an interruption scheduled. If so we can look into payment arrangements.

Bitchy customer: I'm calling now

J: I appologize but you wouldnt be considered past due until the new bill is printed.

bc: Thats unacceptable i want a supervisor now!

J: Ma'am you aren't past due i have nothing to extend

bc: thats 3 times I've asked for a supervisor.

J {to himself): thats actually twice but good guess

J:(again to cust): ok not understanding why a supervisor is required

bc: when i ask for a supervisor you have to get me one thats 4 times.

At this point i totally have stopped giving a shit and want to get her a supervisor--thing is i have to ask her if its ok to put her on hold while i look for one or it counts against me if someone is listening in

J: ok i can get you a supervisor....

bc: 5 times!

J: but....

bc: 6 times. I don't want to talk to you anymore

J: ok i want to get you a supervisor but i need....

bc: 7 times.

at this point its getting ridiculous and i feel myself getting mad. Screw it though. Keep it in.

J: is it ok if i...

bc: 8 times. Supervisor now!

J: ok im just going to put you on hold...

bc : that's 9 times.

fuck just let me finish a sentence i think to myself. This continues until she yells out...

bc: thats 11 times. I hope this call is being recorded so they can hear how you argued with me.

Now i'm pissed. Not once did i argue. In order to argue i think i would have needed to string a sentence or 2 together. I was nothing but nice to the whore. At this point i throw her on hold without telling her. So i get her to a supervisor who also can't believe she needs to talk to him. I explain the situation to him and transfer the call to him. I find out that the supervisor told her the same stuff verbatim. Here's the awesome part--she wanted to file a complaint against me. Some people have way to much time on their hands. The rest of the day was filled with unreasonable callers one after another. I came home on my break hoping to get a hug from Kath but she was running errands. I actually sat down and teared up for a minute. Yup my day was that stressful.

Now I'm home and even though I'm not at work i still feel sad. Kath just gave me some news that is breaking my heart. As i reported a few blogs ago Diana was student of the month for October and she got a certificate. I was so proud of her. What we somehow missed in Diana's bag was a little note that invited us to the presentation of that award--last thursday. Somehow Kath and I missed the note and of course missed the ceremony. I feel really sad-i would have loved being there to support my daughter. I feel like Kath and i should go talk to Diana's teacher so she knows that we do care-- a lot. I just want this stupid day to be over. I want a hug from my whole family and a good cry. Here's hoping Tuesday is a better day.

No comments: