Friday, July 31, 2009

Donut Diner:The Wrath of Kang


So i complain a lot about my job. There was a time when i worked at a worse place believe it or not. That place? The Donut Diner. I started working there 10 years ago this summer. There's way to much stuff bout the diner to write in one blog so i'll write today about the first owners i worked for. I was there for 2 and a half years and worked for 2 owners. The first was a womanizing drunk from India named Kang. What a cheap bastard. I'm surprised the health board never shut his ass down. There was a moldy piece of pumpkin pie that stayed in the front display case from October to just about new years eve. If the luncheon meat for sandwiches got to gross or slimy he just had us wash it off instead of throwing it out. He was a character. He would show up in the middle of my shift totally drunk out of his mind. One time he was spraying the store with chemicals. Did he close the store that night? Nope kept the store open.


So i used to work midnight to 6:30 in the morning 5 days a week. Yes it was the drunk croud. It was horrible. Somehow i made enemies with a douchebag named Ace. That wasnt his real name but he thought he was cool. He was loud and wore a leather hat and kind of looked like the leather guy from the Village people. He used to bad mouth me to other customers and even the boss. This is a guy who bounced at a nudie bar and would let underage kids in if they paid him. Oh and he allegedly paid an underage girl for sex. So i guess he was a good person to judge my character.


Which brings us to arch enemy 2 a female i lovingly called yappy whore. This girl named Michelle i found out was stealing tips from my fellow co workers but we couldnt prove it. One night when i was in the back she decided she would steal a whole sleeve of roll up the rim cups. Another customer alerted me to this and i went off on her. Yeah after that incident she made my life a living hell and even got her brother to threaten me into a fight. Man life was good.

Oh just remembered the first of the month when welfare checks came out. I couldnt believe the ammount of people that came in and would blow their money on stupid shit. One customer i swear would go across the street and literally buy over 100 dollars in lotto tickets and scratch them all night.

Not everything about that job was bad. I actually managed to make some friends for life. Kim, Saleena, Mike and Adriel. All good people who managed to get me through those Godforsaken shifts. Lots of good memories. One that stands out was New Years eve 2000. Kang refused to give me the night off wven though i had booked it off about 2 months in advance. Good thing to i think we had a total of 3 customers that night. Anyhow the whole gang came in with Kath with food and booze and kept me company. It was awesome until Kang came into check up on me.Don't worry we hid all the evidence and we werent caught. THe main reason i started reminicing about the diner is becasue Saleena and Kim and i were planning a reunion of sorts. So i will thank them and Mike and Adriel for keeping me sane during those times. Couldnt have done it if they hadnt visited me.

There was another owner who took over the diner but thats a story for another time.

No comments: