Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Canada rules--despite hating Cheap Trick


Good day and welcome to July. I'm Jason Stewart and this is my blog. Happy Canada day to my Canadian friends. I think i will break out my Bryan Adams cd's or maybe watch a Toronto Blue Jays game. I worked today. It was time and a half pay so that was cool. Only got yelled at a couple of times today. One guy of course was disputing the fact his teen age son ordered "slam it in a young whore" and "after his bratwurst". I love the customers.

Man I'm Not looking forward to July. In 26 days i turn 40. Mick Jagger was right- What a drag it is getting old. Speaking of which i share a birthday with Mick. I don't know maybe turning 40 will be ok. I hated turning 30 but a month after i did i met Kath the love of my life. We'll see. Maybe something good will happen after i turn 40.
Speaking of feeling old i just read that 20 years ago last week the original Batman movie was released. Man time flies. How is that 20 years ago? I remember standing in long lines at the old pen centre cinemas to get in. That was actually the last movie i ever went to with my dad. THe summer of 1989 was awesome from what i recall. Good times with good friends. Drinking and watching Michael Keaton in a black rubber rodent suit.

Can't wait until friday. Gonna hang out with the fam all day. We'll probably checkout some used dvd/game stores to see if theres any cool cheap deals.Still looking to get a cheap copy of Iron man and The Dark Knight.

Just downloaded the newest Cheap Trick cd last night. I really wanted to go out and buy it but for some reason their cd's don't come in to Canada. Maybe there's a law banning new Cheap Trick albums in our country. The new album kicks ass. It really rocks. I'd love to go see them in concert again some day. If they werent on the same bill as Def Leppard and Poison i would totally go see them at the Molson Ampitheatre this week. Anyhow gonna go watch some tv with Kath.

No comments: