Thursday, August 13, 2009

And then there were 2 amigos


Wow. The last couple of days have seemed like the longest days of my life. I felt like Jack Bauer in a way. Monday especially was very shitty. First of all i got to work Monday and found out that i have to sit in a "special" row with some other people for a month. I was just getting used to the last row i got put in. So my manager made it seem like this was an exciting experiment in which they will take a group of people and everyday a new manager will grade us. Seemed like a cool idea-until i found out that in reality the group of us had horrible grades in July so now we have to sit in a "criminal" section for a month. Yay. SO far after 3 days sitting there it proves to me that other managers arent as nit picky with the marks. Oh well. Only 3 more weeks to go! So between that and my stupid neighbot thinking theres all kinds of wild life fornicating in my back yard what else could go wrong?

At lunchtime i popped the button right off my dress pants. I don't know how to sew and the only other available pants i had was my jeans. So it was either go back to work with my pants around my ankles or wear jeans and hope i didnt get sent home. At my work you are allowed to wear jeans as long as you pay 15 dollars a month. Needless to say i don't pay 15 dollars a month. Anyhow long story short i didnt get caught.

Other minor things that werent so cool included: no over time hours being offerred this week. I was hoping to get at least 4 more hours in. I'm still trying to raise some dough for the convention. Also what doesnt help is when i get sent home for an hour lunch instead of the regular half an hour.

The major thing pissing me off this week. After 2 years it was finally confirmed-Colin and I are no longer friends. After 25 years of friendship he has decided he wants nothing to do with me. Without getting in to a lot of details-a couple of years ago he told me a few things(while stoned) that i didnt need to know. Things that would jeopordize his marriage.I was worried about him and told kath about the conversation. A few weeks later Kath was talking to another friend and the colin conversation slipped out. Little did we know that in the past Colin had pulled the same thing. Our mutual friend made a vow to colin's wife that if she ever heard about any future wrong doings she would be informed. My friend told me she was going to tell Colin's wife. I understood why she felt she had to tell the wife but because this involved me i tried to talk her out of it. I couldnt and she told the wife. She didnt throw me under the bus or anything and totally told them i was blame free. I never heard from him after that. I tried to email a few times over the last 2 years with no response until this week. So i finally hear from him this week and he blames me for almost getting divorced. That is sucha frigging cop out. The sad thing is I'm not even sad. I'm really angry but no tears shed on this end. Oh well.

So I had a few bad days but stay tuned i will have a happy blog next.

No comments: