Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pack My bags i'm going on a guilt trip


So ocasionaly i get people who call and for some reason tell me all their personal problems. Stuff i would never share with a stranger never mind a cable tv representative. So i get a call today from a lady who has had service since april and has paid a total of 30.00$. At this point she owes almost a grand and about 600.00 of that is due in a day to stop services from getting cut off. At first i was simpathetic. I felt bad and was about to give her an extention to pay the bill. Then i notice she has had 3 extentions this month already. We're only suppossed to give one extention a month. I try and tell her this and she starts telling me about relatives that have died and she was out of work and she has 6 kids that will apparently go nuts and commit murder if their tv is turned off. I was sure she was going to tell me an asteroid hit her house and then I don't wanna miss a thing by Aerosmith popped into my head. To be clear at no moment did i act like a jerk to the lady and i tried really hard to be understanding. She then freaked out on me and took down my information because i was the only person that refused her an extention. Apparently i wasnt very understanding to the situation. She said that we had a commercial on tv that states she can get as many extentions as she requests and we are never allowed to turn her down. Man would i love to see that commercial. If thats true then any customer can call in and request a million extentions and we would never get paid by everyone. You know why i think a commercial like that doesnt exist? Because there isnt a commercial like that! She wanted another representative because she bet me that they were going to give her an extention. I wish i would have taken that bet because the next 2 people turned her down. So take that miss "i'm gonna report Jay for doing his job."

No comments: