Sunday, August 9, 2009

Superman,broken wrists and asshole neighbours who think theres a zoo in your back yard


Man its Sunday and wouldnt you know it on my only day to sleep in i woke up early. Then Diana woke up early. Oh well. It gave me a chance to try and clean my house so Scott doesnt think I'm a slob. Man I cleaned for about 4 hours and theres still so much to do. I have Superman the movie on in the background. Man for a movie made in 1978 it still holds up today. Diana thought it was hillarious when baby Superman lifted a truck. Speaking of Superman i remembered another tale of teenage Jay and the three amigos.


So i already mentioned the Wham video we shot. In film and satire class we did a take off on Superman. Colin was the man of steel, i was a villain with a paper bag on my head and perry white and Scott was the nararator. We hired assorted friends to play lois lane and other characters.

It was chock full of special effects. For the flying scenes Colin would lay on a desk and someone would flap his cape while we played the superman theme on a cassette player. It was top of the line stuff.

Nt favorite moment of filming? Well one day we broke for lunch. Colin refused to change out of his Superman costume to go to the cafeteria. I thought for sure one of our preppy school mates would have said something to provoke him. He's a big guy and not one person made a comment to him about it. I thought that was pretty cool. We got a pretty descent mark on the project. I loved any assignment we could film. It was awesome.

So its later in the evening. What a day. I almost fell down the stairs. That sucked. I landed on my wrist hard and now it hurts like a son of a bitch. Then we spoke to my stupid neighbour. So this is the guy that claimed mice were hiding in our weeds. Now he says we have a whole plethora of possums in our back yard again. Whatever. Next he's going to see a giraffe in our yard. I as out there twice today and looked around our yard and saw no rodents, The weeds arent that big and theres no place for a possum to hide back there. What the hell man. Why do you keep looking in our yard? Next time you talk to us can you maybe put on a shirt? Your man boobs were distracting. I'm pissed. Theres nothing in our yard. What is he smoking?

Scott called me tonight! We're definately on for a barbeque at my sisters house on Thursday. John and Rach and my friend Andrea are also coming. I am so happy. I only have to get through 3 shitty work shifts. Well 4 if i can pick up an extra shift thursday morning. Fingers crossed.

Anyhow its getting late so gonna hit the old hay. Talk to you tomorrow kids.

Jay

No comments: