Monday, August 17, 2009

Finally my college education helps with a job!


Yesterday i did something cool. Rob and some friends run an online radio station from his house. They had to be in Toronto to do a remote and asked me if i could run things from here and put them on the radio when they called in. Having taken a radio course in the early 90's this seemed like a cool idea. We went to Rob and Nickle's house Friday night for a quick run through. Rob showed me how to get them on the air and how to put songs on the station. Sunday i packed up Yammy and put her in her wagon and pulled her to the radio station aka Rob's house. Only took about 35 minutes to get there and i lost a pound doing the walk! Anyhow got there before one and the music was already up and running. I waited for Rob to call in and disaster struck, Had some technical difficulties at the beginning. He called via skype and i clicked on what i had to but 2 things were wrong. First of a button wasnt pressed that was suppossed to be pressed and they were coming up with an unknown name. I kept getting a message about unknown name not being accepted. I started to panic and tried to call Nickle's cell phone but couldnt getthrough. Thankfully Rob messaged me on msn and walked me through it. Once everything was ready to go i relaxed a lot. I even programmed some music. Rob has quite the descent music collection. I even played the theme from the ROckford files! Everything went off without a hitch and managed to get everybody on the air. It was actually a lot of fun. Also i was offerred money like a real job so that was nice as well. Rob even said nice things about me on the radio. Rob if you ever need help again i would be more than happy to lend a hand. Even if you guys arent on location and needed some help with the show. Just give a shout and i will be there.

Diana was good for the whole day as well. She wanted to hang out with me in the studio and didnt want to watch tv or anything. I packed her a lunch and snacks and she had them done within 2 hous. Luckilly Uncle Rob showed us his smarties stash! Diana even yelled out that"Rob is awesome!"Anyhow it was a lot of fun and would do it again in a heartbeat.

No comments: