Saturday, December 12, 2009

Good lord do i ever hate working on Saturday


I hate Saturday customers more than i hate customers during the week. It seems like the cream of the crop assholes wait til the weekend to call and bitch. So many time customers amazed me with their stupidity. Let me throw out a couple of examples.

One customer wouldnt stop swearing. So i warned him that if he said one more swear word i would be eding the call. Here's what followed

"why are you telling me to stop swearing?"
"I'm trying to be professional on this call and i would appreciate the same courtesy from you"
"swearing has nothing to do with being professional. I think you'd better get your supervisor."
So apparently its ok to call anyone and say fuck every 10 seconds. It doent mean you're not being professional, I guess I've been wrong for 40 years. Thanks you mr. Jack ass for setting me straight.

Another old lady called in and went off on me about charges on her bill. Unfortunately her name wasn't on the account and the account holder had passed away. I actually felt bad and appologized and said we'd need to see a copy of the death certificate to get the name changed.This caused some serious old lady yelling.

"this is ridiculous. I pay the bills!"
"I appologize but unless your name is on the account I can't access the account."
" i guess you can't raise the dead either."

Then she hung up. No ma'am i am not God or someone who dabbles in voodoo. I can't raise the dead.

Then came the regular Saturday calls of lazy bastards that wont open a tv guide. People wanting to know what channel sertain shows were playing. I don't have access to a tv guide. We're not in charge of programming. I usually give several websites where they can go to check listings. One lovely lady yelled loser and hung up the phone in disgust. Fuck you(remember thats still professional) i can't pull up web sites at work to check myself. And youre getting that pissed off because i can't tell you what channel a stupid hockey game is? Get a life moron.

Same situation about an hour later. I couldnt tell a guy what channel some stupid show was on and he started giving me a retarded voice. Really? Without missing a beat i replied with I'm sure i didnt say it in that voice sir. And the douche got mad at me for saying that! God I hate Saturdays. They suck balls.

I'm home now. Gonna go sak in a tub and relax,maybe watch some Stargate to prepare for tomorrow's show. I'm looking forward to hanging with my family tomorrow.

No comments: