Monday, October 19, 2009

I survived our first show


Its the day after our first show. THings went well. I was so happy with how it turned out. There were a few technical difficulties but it was ok. I think the problems will be ironed out for the 2nd episode.

At 7:pm i went to the radio station web site. I immediately noticed that the system decided to play a bunch of promos and ad's for the previous sunday night show which no longer exists. OOps. I immediately got a call from Rob and Nickle that they were trying to fix the problem. I wasn't panicking. A few minutes later our program started playing. You could hear in my voice that i was nervous. My voice was shakey. It got better as the show went on. Kath's voice sounded amazing right from the beginning.

Rob and Nickle soon showed up to listen to the premere with me. Rob had beer to celebrate. I don't drink at all anymore so the one beer i had made me a bit loopy. The only other issue we had with the show is we recorded the songs too loud and many of them had to be replaced. I'll know better for next time. I heard from a bunch of friends during and after the show. Everyone seemed to like it. My friend Dennis messaged me. I havent spoken to him in awhile. It was cool hearing from him. He said he wanted to support us. He is definately one of the nicest guys in the world. Also heard from Adriel, mike and Kimmy. It was really nice. Heard from several work friends today that they enjoyed what they heard as well. I am flying high right now.

Well thats the first show report. Kath and i are already working on ideas for the 2nd one. We're recording that one this thursday.Kath is off on Sundays in November so we will actually get to do some live shows. Very exciting stuff for us. can't wait! Talk to you all soon.

1 comment:

Allison said...

We listened for a while - sounded really good. You both have really great radio voices and lots of personality together. (I hope so! hahaha)

I am looking forward to seeing how the movie rating will look/work. I love that idea.

Good job to both of you. I can hardly wait to listen in again. It is like you are sitting in my living room discussing or is it I am sitting in your living room and you don't see me? Love it.